I have just really been realizing lately how blessed I am! Every day I see kids whose basic needs are not met and crave attention and will do ANYTHING to get it. I almost feel selfish thinking about how blessed I am when I know that some of the kids I work with are not cared for in the way that they deserve to be. Here is a list of just a few reasons why I am so blessed:
1. I know the Lord and realize that he has a plan for my life that is bigger than my own plan.
2. I have an awesome fiance who would do anything in the world for me!
3. I have a wonderful family.
4. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body, and food in my stomach.
5. I have wonderful friends who are so supportive.
6. I have a job that I enjoy and provides for my needs.
7. I am healthy and able to be active.
8. I have had opportunities to travel and see the world.
9. I have people in my life who believe in me no matter what.
10. I am happy and can make the best of most situations.
I just wanted to share my thoughts today as my friends at school had a shower for me this morning and I am not usually one to be the center of attention. They made me feel so special which is even more amazing as this is only my second year here! I also thought I would include this cool picture of a wine bottle light thing my friend Beth made. The picture does not really do it justice but it is waaaaaaay cool!
These are my people! I don’t post enough about them. As I sit here and get ready for another school year and another chapter in our life I 🤔 about all the amazing stuff we experience together and what lies ahead! My 🙏 lately have been those of thankfulness for each one of them and everything that is special. I pray that God helps me encourage these traits in each of them as they grow up and become the children of God he imagined them to be. My ❤️ is full! #familyiseverything #familymatters #mypeople
3 days ago