I have just really been realizing lately how blessed I am! Every day I see kids whose basic needs are not met and crave attention and will do ANYTHING to get it. I almost feel selfish thinking about how blessed I am when I know that some of the kids I work with are not cared for in the way that they deserve to be. Here is a list of just a few reasons why I am so blessed:
1. I know the Lord and realize that he has a plan for my life that is bigger than my own plan.
2. I have an awesome fiance who would do anything in the world for me!
3. I have a wonderful family.
4. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body, and food in my stomach.
5. I have wonderful friends who are so supportive.
6. I have a job that I enjoy and provides for my needs.
7. I am healthy and able to be active.
8. I have had opportunities to travel and see the world.
9. I have people in my life who believe in me no matter what.
10. I am happy and can make the best of most situations.
I just wanted to share my thoughts today as my friends at school had a shower for me this morning and I am not usually one to be the center of attention. They made me feel so special which is even more amazing as this is only my second year here! I also thought I would include this cool picture of a wine bottle light thing my friend Beth made. The picture does not really do it justice but it is waaaaaaay cool!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Ryan and I spent Easter 2009 with my family and he was initiated into the White family Polish traditions of Sweinconka, dying eggs, Easter services at Wooddale, and hunting for baskets. We also enjoyed the beautiful weather, cleaned his car, and even played a rousing game of boxers and briefs (don't knock it till you play it, it is a blast!) As hard as it was for him to be away from his family I enjoyed showing him my family's traditions. Aimee and I drove down Thursday night and went to pre-school with my mom on Friday where we were conveniently asked if we wanted to have a play date after school and one kid told us that he has lots of gas and uses it to run really fast. We knew what he meant but our immaturity showed as we giggled at the way he phrased it. It was so nice to have a break and be home, my mom takes such good care of us! 7 weeks of school left, not that I'm counting!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Thanks to my wonderful parents (my dad was thrilled to not be able to go. . . ) Ryan and I were able to go to the Twins home opener, the final one in the Dome, on Monday night. He was like a kid in a candy store, all revved up and could not wait to get to the game. I worked all day and he worked part of the day and then we headed to the Dome. Although the Twins did not win we had a blast! I had my dome dog and he had his popcorn and we can't wait to go to more games! Oh and by the way our wedding is exactly four months from today!!! Wedding project of the week: Invitations!