Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Here is the crew. . . all 49 of them. . .
Here are the finished products. . .
And here are my favorites, if you look closely, you will see the frosting on the face and the frosting behind the ear. . . and in the hair :-)
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
And excitement. . . I am SO excited for Christmas. I can't wait. I feel like my 5th graders. . . I don't know if it is the traditions that I love or the feeling of the season, this is just one of my favorite times of the year!! Some things I am excited for: (in no particular order)
1. The annual Wooldridge/Kuhlman/White Christmas Party
2. Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
3. Seeing my family and spending time together!
4. Watching A Christmas Story
5. Fires in the fireplace
6. Reading the Christmas story by the tree in our jammies
7. One step at a time. . .
8. Christmas Cookies
9. Celebrating the greatest birth there ever was
10. Giving gifts to my favorite people
11. NO SCHOOL
12. watching Katie
13. pinochle/boxers or briefs/malarky
14. Playing mario (stop jumping on me, put me down, hey, hey, hey)
15. spending time with the best families in the world!
Enjoy the season,
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Can I toot his horn for a few minutes?! So Friday night we had a Christmas party to go to and I have just been super busy with school and basketball and I had no time to make anything to take to this party. So this guy leaves work early, makes the treat, and when I walk in the door, he is cleaning up the kitchen and left it just as clean as he found it. He didn't think a thing of it but I was sooooooooooooo impressed that I needed to toot his horn! Thanks for your help and your support of my career and my coaching. I love you Ryan and am the luckiest girl in the world!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
So I got out of my car at work today and a colleague looked at me and looked at my car (a 2010 ford fusion) and said to me "Wow, that's a nice car for you to be driving. I didn't realize you drove such a nice car. . . teaching must be a good business for you." You know what, he really pissed me off!!!!!!! Who is he to judge me based on the car that I drive?! What makes him think I shouldn't drive a car like that?! Does he know how hard my amazing husband and I work at managing our money?! Does he know that the car is over halfway paid off and we have only owned it for a little over a year?! Does he know that Financial Peace University was one of the best choices we have made in our marriage and that we have had ZERO fights about money in the last year and a half?! Does he know that our money does not control us, we control it?! Does he know that we are living like noone else so we can live like no one else?! You know what, he doesn't know those things and I am sure that he doesn't care. But I sure wish that more people would look at how I act, how I talk to them, how I respond to them when all I want to do is punch their guts out, and what drives and motivates us to work hard for the things that we have rather than looking at the things that we have. Things are only things and we don't get to take them with us when we go. We have been very blessed but I truly believe we have worked hard for what we have and have not been handed everything we have so Mr. Teacher (with your head up your you know what), Can I introduce you to my friend Dave Ramsey?!
So I found out this morning that a para that is in my room for a lot of my morning (and is a part of my cobber family) was in a car accident yesterday. She was hit by a semi that was going between 50 and 70mph! Her car was totaled and the EMT's have told her she is lucky to be alive. The amazing part, she walked away from the accident! She said that "I must be right with God and his angels sure were protecting me." Then I went to Beth Moore's blog on my lunch break and read this:
My dear Siestas, talk to me today about miracles. I know some people who could use one. Take some stones of remembrance this day and be used of God to build up somebody’s faith. Ground rules: No exaggerations. No make believe. Just pure honest Biblical truth about what you know your God can do from first hand experience.
You guys are so dear to me.
Lord Jesus, show up in a mighty visitation this week in our community. You are our Hope and our Salvation. In You we place our trust. The very sign of that first Christmas was a miracle: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel – which means, ‘God with us.’” O Come, O Come Immanuel. So many need to know You are here. Grant us eyes to see and hearts to love. You are our everything. Thank You for Your goodness to us.WOW! talk about miracles and feeling tingles down your spine! My rave today is that God is GREAT! He works miracles, saves lives, and loves us all no matter what. I was reminded today just how precious life is and that it can end at any second. I am thankful for you and who you are and the role you play in my life (whether I know you or not)! Tell your loved ones that you love them this Christmas and enjoy every moment, it may go away all too soon. . . Jesus and I love you, no matter who you are, no matter where you are, no matter how long it has been since we last talked,
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
and I will leave you with my aetegerafe (autograph)
Sunday, November 21, 2010
1. I am thankful for my husband that works hard and loves me.
2. I am thankful that my basic needs are met daily.
3. I am thankful for my family and all of their love and support.
4. I am thankful for Jesus and the fact that he died for my sins.
5. I am thankful for the fact that I live in a country where I can be free and worship the God I love.
6. I am thankful for the students that I get to work with every day, even when they drive me nuts.
7. I am thankful for my co-workers that are my friends and also challenge me.
8. I am thankful for my car that gets me to and from work safely and reliably each day.
9. I am thankful for hot water in the morning for my shower.
10. I am thankful for my love of running and ability to do so.
11. I am thankful for all of my grandparents and grandparents-in-law and their unique impact on my life.
12. I am thankful for my cell phone because it connects me with the people I love most on a daily/weekly basis.
13. I am thankful for pastors who preach the truth and teach about what God desires from us.
14. I am thankful for music, I just like it.
15. I am thankful for my friends, old and new, near and far.
16. I am thankful for the laundry machines IN our house that we do not have to pay for per load.
17. I am thankful for diet coke.
18. I am thankful for my health and the health of those I love.
19. I am thankful for fleece blankets that keep me warm!
20. I am thankful for the kids that I coach and each of their unique personalities.
21. I am thankful for technology, even when it does not work. . .
22. I am thankful for clothes and shoes. . . I don't think I need to explain that one.
23. I am thankful for hats and mittens, especially in the winter!
24. I am thankful for the drive to work each morning that I get to spend with God.
25. I am thankful for facebook/blogs/etc. because it keeps me connected with other people.
26. I am thankful for pictures and the memories that they provide.
27. I am thankful for hot chocolate/apple cider on days like today.
28. I am thankful for airplanes and the fact that they take us fun places and bring people we like to us.
29. I am thankful for another year of blessings and life.
30. I am thankful for the gifts that I have been given and the places I get to use my gifts to help others.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
"In my book, Anastasia is going to a career fair to choose a career she wants to have someday. If I could choose a career I would choose a daycare lady. What career would you choose Mrs. Miller?"
Well, I am thinking now that I don't quite know what career I would choose. . . haha just kidding, I LOVE my job and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly blessed and I would never do anything else, even if it is overwhelming. . .
Monday, November 1, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
4 years ago today Ryan asked me in his own cute little way to be his girlfriend. . .
Today he came home with these. . .
I am so blessed! My heart is smiling so much I can't even begin to describe how blessed I am! I am also so thankful for you Ryan and everything you do for me. I can't imagine being married to anyone else in the world and I love you with all of my heart! Thanks for sticking with me through all of the ups and downs. God has a plan and I am enjoying every minute of the journey with you!
Monday, October 18, 2010
1. Favorite Flower
Calla lilies and spider mums but I would take anything (hint hint hint!!)
2. Favorite Color Combination
Brown & Blue
3. Favorite Celebrity Couple
Brad Paisley & Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Got to love Father of the Bride and Brad Paisley is just funny
4. Your Theme Song
While I'm Waiting- John Waller
5. Favorite Terrible Day Food
6. Lipstick or Lipgloss
7. Favorite Magazine
8. Favorite Thing About Fall
Leaves like this around the corner from my house
Now Kylie, Mary, Danielle, and Aimee it's your turn!
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
I was excited, Ryan was not so sure. . .
Experiencing the awesome feeling of finishing :)
And learning the importance of re-hydrating...
Ryan, thanks for running with me! You did awesome and I am so proud of you because I know you don't like to run like I do. I love you!!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
The kids LOVED it! I can't even tell you how much they were talking about it and telling everyone. They really loved meeting Nannie and Papa and even called them that! Papa and my mom are up next. . . I am thinking about once a month?? If you want to join the fun, let me know and I can put you on our schedule :) Thanks Nannie, Papa, and Mom for the fun today!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Sooooooooooo BIG things have been happening here at the Miller household. Not really, we have just been super busy :) School workshops started last week and I am a nerd and totally was excited to get back into my real job but I knew I would miss Syd and Wy too. Well Thursday I got to meet my new crew and holy buckets are there a lot of them (28 at last call) and are there some doosies! One kid walked in, looked at me, and said "gosh this room is a better place now that I am here. . . " Yeah first impressions are always interesting. I also had one that told me that he did not have to do what I said and that he was going to do his worst work all year. Friday then took us down to the cities for a weekend of fun. We went to the twins game Friday even though it was COLD and when we got home we found Tim and Danielle (Thad and Dar) at my parents house. Saturday we went to the fair and saw more than anyone would ever care to see (think full moon. . . Ryan has the pictures on his phone) and ate a ton. Sunday we went to church and then the girls shopped and the boys golfed. We had family pictures taken Sunday night and then Nannie and Papa came over for dinners and some fun games. Monday took everyone home and although we were sad to go, we know that we will all be together at Christmas for a few days.
Tuesday took me back to school and back to the reality of no snacking, going to the bathroom only at specific times, parent emails, parent phone calls, and of course student compliments like "Mrs. Miller, I like your green shirt, you look like a Christmas tree. . . " It sure will be an interesting year but I can already tell you that I am excited for the impact I will get to have on a few students lives as I have already watched them open up in the past four days. Pray that I find a way to manage all 28 and connect with them each individually each day as that has been my struggle in the last four days.
Ryan is good too, busy at work (not really but he pretends well) he did not want to be mentioned in this post so we will leave him at that . .