Sunday, December 19, 2010

I can't think of a title. . .

Our pastor recently did a whole series on thanksgiving and how we need to continually be thankful for everything in our lives, even the little things because in the end, we don't deserve any of it and it truly does not belong to us, it all belongs to God.  This weekend, I am thankful for this:
because it helped me do this: 

some of this was done before and in the freezer but I feel like I am now officially ready for Christmas.  Most of these cookies will go to other people, my friends, Ryan's work, etc. . . but it is one of the things I LOVE about Christmas.  I grew up helping my mom in the kitchen and if you know her, you know what a fabulous cook she has and the love she has for others so when I started to think about what I want to give others this Christmas, I thought of her and how she gives away cookies and decided I could do the same.  There are 6 kinds of cookies and chocolate dipped pretzels, all baked with love. . . feel free to stop by if you want to share, I am sure Ryan won't let me give them ALL away. . . 

1 comment:

  1. I really am not anything special when it comes to baking...but I used to help my mom bake and she gave cookies away so I guess that is why I do it. Just passing down the traditions.

    ReplyDelete