Friday, December 17, 2010

Bloooooooduh! and Excitement

So my kids in my class have this odd obsession with pulling out their teeth and I often catch them with most of their hand in their mouth and then they pull out a hand covered in slobber and blood clutching their tooth and off they go to the nurse to get the much desired treasure chest.  Well, yesterday I had a little talk with them about pulling out your own teeth because in the middle of one of my lessons a boy does the above mentioned act and yells "I got another one!" (this being 3 in one week, mind you).  So we had a little chat about how it grosses me out that they have their hands in their mouth, covered in blood, and then touch my things. . . eww  Well today, no teeth were extracted, they decided to have bloody noses.  TWO in one day!  It is a good thing I am not squemish around blood!

And excitement. . . I am SO excited for Christmas.  I can't wait.  I feel like my 5th graders. . .  I don't know if it is the traditions that I love or the feeling of the season, this is just one of my favorite times of the year!!  Some things I am excited for: (in no particular order)
1.  The annual Wooldridge/Kuhlman/White Christmas Party
2.  Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
3.  Seeing my family and spending time together!
4.  Watching A Christmas Story
5.  Fires in the fireplace
6.  Reading the Christmas story by the tree in our jammies
7.  One step at a time. . .
8.  Christmas Cookies
9.  Celebrating the greatest birth there ever was
10.  Giving gifts to my favorite people
11. NO SCHOOL
12.  watching Katie eat gag down a fish stick
13.  pinochle/boxers or briefs/malarky
14.  Playing mario (stop jumping on me, put me down, hey, hey, hey)
15.  spending time with the best families in the world!

Enjoy the season,

No comments:

Post a Comment