Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rants and Raves

Rant:
So I got out of my car at work today and a colleague looked at me and looked at my car (a 2010 ford fusion) and said to me "Wow, that's a nice car for you to be driving. I didn't realize you drove such a nice car. . . teaching must be a good business for you." You know what, he really pissed me off!!!!!!! Who is he to judge me based on the car that I drive?! What makes him think I shouldn't drive a car like that?! Does he know how hard my amazing husband and I work at managing our money?! Does he know that the car is over halfway paid off and we have only owned it for a little over a year?! Does he know that Financial Peace University was one of the best choices we have made in our marriage and that we have had ZERO fights about money in the last year and a half?! Does he know that our money does not control us, we control it?! Does he know that we are living like noone else so we can live like no one else?! You know what, he doesn't know those things and I am sure that he doesn't care. But I sure wish that more people would look at how I act, how I talk to them, how I respond to them when all I want to do is punch their guts out, and what drives and motivates us to work hard for the things that we have rather than looking at the things that we have. Things are only things and we don't get to take them with us when we go. We have been very blessed but I truly believe we have worked hard for what we have and have not been handed everything we have so Mr. Teacher (with your head up your you know what), Can I introduce you to my friend Dave Ramsey?!

Raves:
So I found out this morning that a para that is in my room for a lot of my morning (and is a part of my cobber family) was in a car accident yesterday. She was hit by a semi that was going between 50 and 70mph! Her car was totaled and the EMT's have told her she is lucky to be alive. The amazing part, she walked away from the accident! She said that "I must be right with God and his angels sure were protecting me." Then I went to Beth Moore's blog on my lunch break and read this:

My dear Siestas, talk to me today about miracles. I know some people who could use one. Take some stones of remembrance this day and be used of God to build up somebody’s faith. Ground rules: No exaggerations. No make believe. Just pure honest Biblical truth about what you know your God can do from first hand experience.

You guys are so dear to me.

Lord Jesus, show up in a mighty visitation this week in our community. You are our Hope and our Salvation. In You we place our trust. The very sign of that first Christmas was a miracle: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel – which means, ‘God with us.’” O Come, O Come Immanuel. So many need to know You are here. Grant us eyes to see and hearts to love. You are our everything. Thank You for Your goodness to us.

WOW! talk about miracles and feeling tingles down your spine! My rave today is that God is GREAT! He works miracles, saves lives, and loves us all no matter what. I was reminded today just how precious life is and that it can end at any second. I am thankful for you and who you are and the role you play in my life (whether I know you or not)! Tell your loved ones that you love them this Christmas and enjoy every moment, it may go away all too soon. . . Jesus and I love you, no matter who you are, no matter where you are, no matter how long it has been since we last talked,


2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I love Beth Moore. I happy to hear your friend is ok.

    I have a feeling that person who made a remark about your car will find a lump of coal in his sticking. That's awesome how well you and your husband have managed your money.

    Hope you have a blessed Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and Ryan and the discipline that you have. Live like no one else so you can live like no one else. God is so Good. To Him be the Glory.

    ReplyDelete