Friday, September 10, 2010

You Bretcha


Sooooooooooo BIG things have been happening here at the Miller household. Not really, we have just been super busy :) School workshops started last week and I am a nerd and totally was excited to get back into my real job but I knew I would miss Syd and Wy too. Well Thursday I got to meet my new crew and holy buckets are there a lot of them (28 at last call) and are there some doosies! One kid walked in, looked at me, and said "gosh this room is a better place now that I am here. . . " Yeah first impressions are always interesting. I also had one that told me that he did not have to do what I said and that he was going to do his worst work all year. Friday then took us down to the cities for a weekend of fun. We went to the twins game Friday even though it was COLD and when we got home we found Tim and Danielle (Thad and Dar) at my parents house. Saturday we went to the fair and saw more than anyone would ever care to see (think full moon. . . Ryan has the pictures on his phone) and ate a ton. Sunday we went to church and then the girls shopped and the boys golfed. We had family pictures taken Sunday night and then Nannie and Papa came over for dinners and some fun games. Monday took everyone home and although we were sad to go, we know that we will all be together at Christmas for a few days.
Tuesday took me back to school and back to the reality of no snacking, going to the bathroom only at specific times, parent emails, parent phone calls, and of course student compliments like "Mrs. Miller, I like your green shirt, you look like a Christmas tree. . . " It sure will be an interesting year but I can already tell you that I am excited for the impact I will get to have on a few students lives as I have already watched them open up in the past four days. Pray that I find a way to manage all 28 and connect with them each individually each day as that has been my struggle in the last four days.
Ryan is good too, busy at work (not really but he pretends well) he did not want to be mentioned in this post so we will leave him at that . .

No comments:

Post a Comment