Friday, April 24, 2009

So Blessed!

I have just really been realizing lately how blessed I am! Every day I see kids whose basic needs are not met and crave attention and will do ANYTHING to get it. I almost feel selfish thinking about how blessed I am when I know that some of the kids I work with are not cared for in the way that they deserve to be. Here is a list of just a few reasons why I am so blessed:

1. I know the Lord and realize that he has a plan for my life that is bigger than my own plan.

2. I have an awesome fiance who would do anything in the world for me!

3. I have a wonderful family.

4. I have a roof over my head, clothes on my body, and food in my stomach.

5. I have wonderful friends who are so supportive.

6. I have a job that I enjoy and provides for my needs.

7. I am healthy and able to be active.

8. I have had opportunities to travel and see the world.

9. I have people in my life who believe in me no matter what.

10. I am happy and can make the best of most situations.

I just wanted to share my thoughts today as my friends at school had a shower for me this morning and I am not usually one to be the center of attention. They made me feel so special which is even more amazing as this is only my second year here! I also thought I would include this cool picture of a wine bottle light thing my friend Beth made. The picture does not really do it justice but it is waaaaaaay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment