Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


So I kind of have this wishy washy feeling about Valentine's Day. I have been reading a few books and we just finished a series on imarriage (little I, big marriage) at our church and it has been really powerful. First of all today is my brother's birthday so we have always celebrated the day as his birthday rather than anything really to do with Valentine's Day. Second, I just don't know why we need a specific day to celebrate love because if we truly love people shouldn't we tell them that every day and show them how much we love them with our gifts of service and our words and not need one specific day to prove it with cards and flowers and gifts? I feel that the older I get, the more I watch people lose people they love all too soon and not get the chance to tell the people that they love how much they love them. I am challenging everyone who reads my blog (no matter what your celebration included today) to continue to act lovingly and randomly give gifts of service and time, or cards, or kind loving words to your spouse and loved ones between now and next Valentine's Day and see how your life is changed as well as the lives of the people you love. Pray about it and really ask God to show you how to love like he does and I would be willing to bet that you would not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment