Friday, September 16, 2011

School

We have completed 9 days of school.  
What a ride it has been!!!  
I have a very high needs group of kids and was not quite prepared for what I found when I opened up my class list. . . .
I have been blessed with a student teacher.
She left today to go back to classes for the rest of the semester.
I almost begged her to stay.We are making progress.
It is slow progress. 
Today gave me hope for the year.
And when all else fails, I laugh. . . 

Here are a few funny quotes from a particularly funny student. . . 

"I only have supplies to donate in my backpack." - my response was "like donate to your desk?!"
"These kindergarteners are a lot of work!" -ummm do you even know how much work you are?
in a silent classroom where she was being loud and I whispered that she needed to stop squeaking her chair "YOU MEAN BECAUSE I AM BEING TOO LOUD AND EVERYONE IS READING?"- the caps mean she yelled. . . in a silent room. . . yep that's her.


oh and another little boy is going to “even put it on a piss of paper that seid homework in my agenda so I dunt forgit to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment