Monday, May 25, 2009

Fishing, Family, and 9 Days!

We spent this past weekend at Ryan's parents house. It was graduation weekend in Henning and he had a graduation party he wanted to go to so we spent the weekend in Henning. Friday we actually stayed here in Alex and watched the awake the lakes festival fireworks. Saturday we drove to Henning and Ryan and Kim showed me how to "golf" in the back yard. (I put the quotation marks because I just don't know that what Ryan was doing was actually called golfing. Dad, we've got some work to do!) We then went fishing with Ryan's grandpa and his uncle. Ryan and I had a bet on the deal about who would catch the first fish and while he won the dollar and my fish was bigger, Grandpa put us all to shame! We went out fishing on Sunday night and while I had a lot of fun I decided that God made me good at a lot of things and fishing is just not one! I like to go out there but I refuse to touch the fish and don't even ask me about cleaning them (I sit inside with Ryan's grandma and eat chocolate chip cookies :). You can see in the picture, Ryan's grandpa is holding my fish (it is the bigger one).

Keep praying for baby Reese, she is doing better but there are a lot of uncertainties with her conditions and as you can imagine, her parents are nervous and it is hard to be patient when all of this concerns your 6 day old baby. Pray for peace and trust for Allie and Brian. God has a plan and he always provides.

9 Days! Report cards, class lists, reading graphs, packing and much more to do but it will get done... Here's to hoping the teacher can contain her excitement as the students get more and more antsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment