Sunday, December 20, 2009

Frosting 101

A few weeks ago I baked my cut out cookies and (much to Ryan's dismay) put them in the freezer. (I have slowly been baking and freezing my cookies so that I don't have to do it all at once, he keeps wondering if they will EVER come out) Ryan was helping me (even though he informed me he would not ask me to marry him again. . .) pick out cookie cutters and we found the BIG gingerbread cutters and we decided that it would be fun to make a boy cookie and a girl cookie and decorate them. Here is a beforeand here is a during ( notice the tongue)Here is the after :)

Here is what we learned:
1. Ryan struggles with rule #1 frosting (your hands should never enter your mouth) and would never make it in Fran's kitchen.
2. Pink and blue do not make red like the box says, they make a ugly reddish brownish color!
3. Ryan really only wants to help to eat the little bite size cookies and appreciates it if you do one every three or four cookies so he is not "bored"
4. At some point you need to stop taking pictures and eat the cookies!

I am very very very thankful that my husband is so helpful! I could never have made all of the cookies I did to give to some of our friends if it was not for his help cleaning the kitchen! also, mom, I need a meringue lesson, mine are as flat as pancakes but taste yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment