Friday, July 29, 2011

Question

So I have started writing this blog a couple times and haven't finished. . . I am going to ask a simple question and people might not like it but then again I have been wondering A LOT lately about the answer. 

The question: What is the purpose of facebook?

I use facebook because it allows me to keep up with friends- high school and college- that I don't see anymore or talk to on the phone but I still can know what is going on in their lives.  I use it because it is a fun way to communicate and wish people happy birthday, and congratulations on a wedding or a baby. 

There are a lot of people that use facebook in other ways and share things that just shouldn't be shared or write something on a status or someone's wall that should be said in person or behind closed doors and not for the world to see.

I know I  can delete people and I have been but friends and readers help me out here. . . Why do you use facebook?  Am I crazy for being annoyed when I see people so desperate for attention that they resort to airing their (or other people's) dirty laundry on facebook?

Just looking for help here. . . I like facebook for the reasons I use it and don't want to offend people by deleting them either yet that is where I am heading with the things people are posting these days.

Make any sense?

1 comment:

  1. Facebook...A place to connect with friends or family you don't see often, or a place to write the cute things your kids at school say or a random thought that you might have. Certainly not a place to air your dirty laundry. We all have junk in our trunk to deal with and most times it is nobody elses business.

    ReplyDelete