Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thankful

Yesterday, the question of the day on the radio was "what are you thankful for?". I started to think. . . In no paricular order here are things I am recently thankful for

1. I am thankful for family. . . The fact that I have two of them is that much sweeter.
2. I am thankful for marriage and the journey that it is.
3. I am thankful for the growing families of our family and friends and each and every healthy birth.
4. I am thankful for the fact that my husband is driving us to work so we can spend more time together and I don't have to drive.
5. I am thankful for the warm sunshiny weather.
6. I am thankful for Jesus and what he did for me and the fact that he forgives me every single time I make a wrong choice no matter what.
7. I am thankful for skype and the ability to see my nieces as they grow.
8. I am thankful for next week and the time I will get to spend in Texas.
9. I am thankful for a break from teaching-I am not quite ready to go back yet but I will be here in a few weeks. It is amazing what a break can do to renew your love of teaching and your energy.
10. ( no shocker here) I am thankful for my husband and the fact that he cuts the grass and drives to work most days and takes care of us and works hard for us and shovels the snow in the winter and provides for us and takes care of car maintenance and grills and helps me with whatever I need and I could go on and on and on. . .

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for a loving God and family that gets along and takes care of each other.

    ReplyDelete