Monday, March 19, 2012

Place In My Heart

There is a group of people that have a special place in my heart.  Homeless people simply tug at my heart.  I can't explain it but my heart breaks for them and I long to help them every time I see them on the corner with a sign.  My heart aches every time I have to drive by with nothing to give them.  When Leo was in the hospital, we saw lots and lots of homeless people on the corners on our way to the hospital.  After seeing an idea on pinterest, I realized how easy it would be to help.  I put together a few of these:

They are called blessing bags.  They contain food, gloves, hats, and other items a homeless person might need.  We are blessed enough to have money to spend at target so I picked up what I thought someone who is homeless and hungry might need.  I simply put them on the floor in the back of my car until we saw someone that needed them.  We were privileged to give them out to a few different people.  Their reactions were priceless, I thought one lady might try and kiss Ryan!  What a humbling experience to be able to help others and see the pure joy on their face.

3 comments:

  1. I love your generosity! It is so humbling and encouraging to see you thinking of others no matter what you are going through. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you told me once that you hoped you would be able to give to others the way that so many have given to you the last few months. This is such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete