Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pity Party

I was starting my own little pity party tonight. . . It was almost in full swing. . . I was more than due for one. . . Then I got an email from a sweet lady asking me to pray for a little six year old boy named "A" who was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. . . My pity party came to a screeching halt.
Who am I to sit and wallow in the events of the past months?!  I am 27.  I understand cancer.  I get the medical side of it and the risks and procedures that are going to happen to me. six. s-i-x. wow. This sweet young boy does not understand. I don't know what his road ahead will involve but I am asking you this my dear readers, would you partner with me in praying for this precious boy?

I felt called to look up the meaning of the name "A".  It means "warrior."  I am deeming him "Warrior A!"  I am asking you to pray Joshua 1:9 over this precious cancer warrior:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

I know the power of prayer.  I feel it daily.  I SEE it daily.  The calm and peace in my heart is something I am not capable of on my own yet it is there day after day as I fight this yucky disease.  It is a peace that only comes from God.  It is a peace that is put there by people who are praying me through this journey. 
I am asking you to please pray precious "Warrior A" through his journey.  Please pray his parents through this journey as well.  This almost 6 month old mama cannot even begin to imagine the pain in "Warrior A's" mama's heart.  I do not know that I will ever know more about his condition or have an update but I am lifting up "Warrior A" to Jesus because in Matthew 19:14 Jesus said Let the little children come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment