Monday, January 9, 2012

Exciting Things. . .

So way back when in 2009 right after we got married, Ryan and I took a class called Financial Peace University.  We learned a lot about managing money, having a budget, and becoming debt free.  If you talk to either one of us, we would tell you it is one of the best things we did for our marriage.  We set a goal as we finished the class that we wanted to be debt free by the time we had our first baby.  GUESS WHAT?!?!?!

WE ARE DEBT FREE!!!!!!

We paid off the balance of our my student loans last week.  I wish I could meet Dave Ramsey (the guy who teaches the course) and give him a huge hug!  God used him in our lives in a way we never could have imagined.  Two years before anything was on our radar, God used a simple money management course to set us up to deal with what was in our future.  Our baby is coming 2 months early, I have cancer, I have been on medical leave since October, and we STILL made our goal!  God is SOOOOOOO good!

Exciting thing number 2:
We held a little fun game last night after church when Ryan and I went to dinner. . . We asked our family for their name guesses (they have been HOUNDING us for Grover's name).  We gave them the hint that the last initial is M. Aren't we nice??  Here are their guesses in no particular order:

Luke Joyseph
Tim Tebow
Ian Benjamin
George Bonks
Michael Luke
Malcom D'Brickashaw
Alexander Milo
Joseph
Liam, Sam, Adam, Abraham, Tim, Cam, William, I honestly don't know 

Do you think any of them are right??  You will have to wait and see :-)

4 comments:

  1. Grammie and Papa can't wait to meet him and learn his name. I do have a feeling that whatever the name may be, we all will remember his before birth name "Grover" and his journey into this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Kyle and I paid off his student loan a couple months ago and it's such a great feeling.

    I hope everything is going well for you. I can't wait to see baby Grover and what his name will be. :)

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet little Tim Tebow Miller :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Ruth and I took that course, but haven't been as disciplined as you guys...way to go! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete