Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hey Everyone!

It's me, Leo!  Here is what I have been up to lately: 
I took a vacation under the lights. . . I just wanted to try out the cool shades they have here at the hospital :-)
 I met two more of my Aunties!  (I have met all of my aunties, uncles, and cousins with the help of Skype and Facetime!  I even have met some of my great aunties and uncles!!!)

 I started wearing clothes! I like to be changed often and I will let you know by peeing on my clothes :-)

 I have been sleeping like a champ! Unless I am hungry and then I like to give the nurses a run for their money by demanding attention for about 40 minutes before I can eat. . .

 I LOVE my pacifier!  I am practicing for eating out of a bottle :-)

I have been spending lots of time snuggling.  I LOVE kangaroo care (skin to skin) with both my mom and dad. I get to do it every day with both of them and it is when I am most content.

I also started eating out of a bottle!  I get to once a day when I am most awake and I am doing well.  It makes my mom a little nervous because I sometimes hold my breath and need to be reminded to breathe but I am learning to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time.

It is hard work learning to eat from a bottle!  Don't I look satisfied?!
Well, I should probably go, I am working on growing big and strong so I can go to this place called home.  My mom and dad talk about it a lot.  They are suckers for the "take me with you" look that I give them every night when they tuck me in.  I can't wait to see this place where they live.  It sounds pretty cool.
Love, Leo
P.S. How long do you think people will call me "little Leo?"  I am taking bets for when people think I will be bigger than my mom. . . dad too :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Leo, you are so cute! I love seeing your pictures and reading about how well you are doing! I cannot wait to meet you when you are finally in that place called home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo, When you are 14 or so you will probably do what your daddy did with me. He would see our reflections when walking by a store window and say "I'm taller than you mom!" Now it might take you a little longer to beat your Dad! I can't wait to see you again! Love, Grandma Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear from you leo! tell your mama i miss her very much and give her a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo your milk coma is so cute :) can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete