Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bus Duty

Monday: Forgot about bus duty. . . wore light coat. . . no mittens. . . cold and windy. . . chase down a bus to get a kid off who was totally confused and just nodded her head and would not say a word to me.

Tuesday: Brought mittens today. . . and an extra coat. . . picked up three playground balls from the parking lot. . . two sixth graders hit balls out of my hands. . . nice

Wednesday: Rainy. . . had raincoat. . . stepped in BIG puddle. . . 3rd grader that I don't know gave me a hug as she walked by and said she would see me tomorrow (I assumed she thought I was someone else). . . she came back and asked what grade I taught and said "Bye Mrs. Teacher Lady". . . Chased a bus to get a kid on the bus

Thursday & Friday: To Be Determined

Does it get any better than this?

PS: Overheard some funny conversations in my room today. One was a debate about whether we would have a day off tomorrow due to the rain (not snow, just rain) the other was when they were looking at organs we had pulled out of a human body model with a little girl holding up the kidney and telling me it was the smll stumik (small stomach) that sits on top of your regular stumik so you don't get too full. . . she also had the lungs labeled as the ribs and the bladder labeled "guts" I LOVE MY JOB oh and when I made a boy write an apology note to a para that he was disrespectful to at recess he ended it with "even though Laura did it first and you were not smart enough to catch her."

No comments:

Post a Comment