Friday, March 19, 2010

Computer Problems

No, not at home, at school. Tuesday as I walked into the building there was a note on the door that said "please do not turn your computer on." Thinking nothing of it, I figured it was a minor thing and it would be fixed by the time the kids came. . . BOY. WAS. I. WRONG! (The temperature controlled room that our server is stored in overheated from 60* to 105* and EVERYTHING crashed. . . They are in the stages of recovering it and hoping to have it ready Monday. . . The good news is, it was district wide so it was not just our school)
Tuesday was kind of peaceful without having to run and check my email and worry about answering any emails. . . Wednesday a little frustration set in as I could not print off homework for my kids. I also wrote about 6 poems out on charts that are all saved on my computer. . . Thursday we had trouble doing our math review as I was trying to draw grids and shapes on the board. Ask my mom. She was there and witnessed the wonderfulness of changing a test review routine that you have done for the last 8 tests and all of a sudden have to change for the 9th. and Friday, well let's just say my improvisation skills have been refined. My friend Amy and I had our kids watch a Magic School Bus video as we could not access our pictures and lesson plans for Health. We also spent some time playing math games with all of our kids in one room because we had planned to work in the computer lab. . . I have a smartboard in my room which I LOVE! One of the things I pride myself on as a teacher is my use of technology. Not only am I not able to use my projector and smartboard but I cannot access any of my documents and I really think I would cry if they cannot be recovered! Here is to hoping that God likes District 206 and that he will help our technology team recover our documents!

No comments:

Post a Comment