Friday, September 21, 2012

Thankful: The Word and Music

Again today I am thankful for two things.  The second goes off of the first so I paired them up.  
I am so thankful for The Word of God.  I have never really been a studier of the Bible before but thanks to the devotional Jesus Calling, the website shereadstruth.com and a Beth Moore Bible study I have been spending one nap time each day in the Word.  I am absolutely loving my time and I can tell my heart is being worked on by my all-knowing, wise Father.  He is so wise ya'll.  He amazes me each day in how the three separate things I am doing seem to fit together time after time after time.  His promises are amazing and I am just astonished that he loves me that much, knows me that well, has everything all planned out, and provides for me.  I am thankful that he is continually speaking words of Life, Peace, and Love into my heart each day.

I am also thankful for music.  My heart has been so comforted by good Christian music.  There are so many songs that seem to be written just for me and I hear them at the exact right time.  So many of them quote parts of the Bible and I find myself singing those parts over and over again.  I am thankful that these promises drown out the silence that could be scary if I let it.  

I am thankful that both of these help me fight the battle that wages in my head each day.  The enemy knows that fear is a weak spot for me.  He takes every opportunity to attack my mind.  I am so thankful that I am working on letting God control my thoughts because Romans 8:6 says ...but the mind controlled by the spirit is life and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment